Everybody is busy. Everyone is succumbed to their own lives. Nobody has time to do other people’s chores. That is one of the reasons why having a housemaid to do all your house chores is a luxury only millionaires can afford.
But you need your house to stay clean. And it is not going to clean itself. And you also do not want to scrub floors and wash carpets every now and then
If only there were something with which you can do it yourself. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
Vacuum cleaner is the answer to all your problems. Vacuum cleaners were invented keeping the ever changing pattern of life in mind. It is a reliable, efficient and cost effective way of cleaning your house, and you can do it yourself (You do not have to be a millionaire for that).
But, there are hundreds of vacuum cleaner brands out in the market. Each has a unique aspect that serves a unique purpose. So choosing the best vacuum cleaner can be a strenuous thing to do. Even I sometimes pull my hair out thinking of what should be the best choice for me.
You see, every house has its own style of floor. Some people like their floors to be covered in rugs, while others like hardwood floors. People in some cases even like their floors to be just bare. But one thing is common for all. They all get dirty. It is inevitable. And different types of floors require different strategy to clean. Hence, there are numerous vacuum cleaners available in the market that serve different purposes. And that is why, choosing the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet is a matter of concern for some people.
You can go to the internet – browse tons of websites with details about the products. But those are not enough. Because most of them do not truly care for your problem – they just want to market the products with glittering information.
That is why, to save the day, I have come up with a list of vacuum cleaners that should justify your needs and problems. These vacuum cleaners are great for both hardwood floor and carpet. They all are justified thoroughly and with care. After going through this article, you should have firsthand knowledge about the different types of vacuums cleaners and what their prospects are and how you can get the maximum out of using them. You will also find some key points that should be considered for getting the best result.
There are a total of 5 vacuum cleaners that are thoroughly discussed. All of them are very suitable for being used both on hardwood floor and carpet. You will learn about the pros and cons of these vacuums and will get a justification as to they made it to this list.
You may be thinking “one vacuum cleaner for two types of floor? That’s preposterous”. Well, believe it. Science is advancing day by day – changing everything drastically and making everything much easier. A vacuum cleaner today can do so many things that it was impossible to even imagine 10 years ago.
So let’s dive into the article to see what magic these beauties can do!
Why Should You Need a Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors and Carpet?
That is a pretty basic question – a good one as well. Why do need a vacuum cleaner specifically designed for hardwood floors and carpet anyway? Isn’t a normal vacuum cleaner sufficient enough to do the job? What is so special about hardwood floors and carpets? You probably are thinking that all vacuums are alike and just one regular vacuum can do whatever is necessary.
You are wrong!
Different people have different tastes. Some people like their floors to be covered all with hardwood. Some people like their floors to be covered with carpets. Again, there are different types of hardwoods and carpet.
Hardwoods alone can be of many types – depending on the type of woods used for making them. Hardwoods bring eye catching view to the home environment. They look attractive and last a lifetime. There are maple, rosewood, mahogany, walnut, oak, pine and many other types of woods from which hardwood floors can be built.
Versatility is the most important thing to look for in a vacuum cleaner when you have hardwood floor. The job of clearing the dirt that piles up on the hard surfaces is not an easy one. It requires less resistance and free flow of suction. The vacuum cleaner should also be able to easily find tight spaces where little dust particles hide behind. While buying the best vacuum hardwood floor and carpet, you also might want to note that your vacuum cleaner cannot, at any point, do any kind of damage to your precious hardwood flooring.
Now comes the question of having floors covered in carpets. Like hardwood floors, there can be numerous types of carpets. Carpet types vary on a lot of things such as fiber type, style, pattern, colors etc. Different carpets have different texture as well. But all carpets are very delicate. Normal vacuum cleaners cannot do justice to something as delicate as carpets. If you buy a vacuum cleaner without knowing the suction power of it, chances are that vacuum might shred your carpet to pieces. You need a vacuum that has just the right suction power specifically set to work on your carpet.
But what if your house has both hardwood flooring and carpet? What if one of your rooms is covered with hardwoods and others have carpets? You certainly are not going to have 2 different sets of vacuum cleaners.
That is why I have come up with this list of vacuum cleaners. All of them are uniquely designed keeping you in mind who likes the taste of both worlds. These vacuum cleaners work well both on hardwood floors and carpets. Even if you have only one type of floors, no need to worry. These vacuum cleaners will work just fine for you.
For this very reason, you should have a vacuum cleaner built specifically for hardwood floors and carpets. Because hardwood floor and carpets are the two types that need delicacy and utmost care.
Now let’s look at some of the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet.
Top Five Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors And Carpet in 2021
If you have a big house and you want to have flexibility in times of cleaning, then this cleaner is best suited for you. You can use Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E for both hardwood floors and carpets.
This vacuum cleaner serves a lot of purposes, unlike any other ordinary cleaner. Many reviewers found Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E to be excellent in clearing dirt, dust and pet hair.
This model is great for vacuuming smaller areas of your room where it’s not easy for normal vacuum cleaners to reach.
Know more in brief below:
Lightweight Lift-away Canister:
The canister used in Shark Navigator NV356E weighs only 13.7 lbs. It is lightweight as well as detachable. There is a button in the vacuum cleaner by pressing which you can lift the canister away.
As a result, the vacuum cleaner is movable and you can reach hard corners of your room. Using this vacuum cleaner you can not only clean the floors, but also can reach the ceilings and stairs.
This spectacular vacuum cleaner comes with a brushroll on/off system. It only means one thing. Yes, you can use this vacuum cleaner for both deep carpet and bare floor cleaning. That is what makes it so special and popular among the users. It works like a charm in all cases.
Additionally, you can control the suction power of the vacuum cleaner on your own. It makes you tension free when you want to clean the delicate rugs. The cord that comes with the vacuum cleaner is about 30 feet long. As a result, you can cover a great deal of area.
Probably the most entertaining feature of this product is that it uses HEPA filter. If you don’t know what this is, it is a filter which is specifically designed to trap 99.99% of the dust inside the vacuum. The anti-allergen complete seal technology helps the cleaner do so. so the air of your house stays clean as well as your floor.
This vacuum cleaner is often hailed as one of “the most versatile vacuum cleaner in the market”. You should note that for getting the best result, you need to wash the pre-motor foam and felt filters once in every three months. If you want to, you can wash and dry clean the HEPA filter once in every two years for maximum efficiency.
Are you tired of being tangled by cords? Worry not. Dyson has come to save you with the new sensation Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner. This stick vacuum probably offers the most powerful suction in the market right now. This lightweight cordless vacuum for cleaning all types of floor – be it hardwood or carpet.
This is the most innovative and smartest of all the Dyson series. Other vacuum cleaners are no match for this one because of its build quality.
Know more in brief below:
Longer run time:
V10 can operate non-stop for up to 1 hour without compromising the efficiency. Dyson has used a very light yet very powerful motor in this vacuum cleaner. When you are using the non-motorized tool, it will run for up to 60 minutes. If you use soft roller cleaner head, it will run for 40 minutes easily. The cyclone technology of this vacuum is out of this world. It will need only 3.5 hours to be fully charged.
Lightweight and versatile:
When it comes to versatility, Dyson exceeds all expectations. Dyson Cyclone V10 weighs only 6 pounds; something very few competitors have achieved. Instead of setting the dust basket vertically, they have set is horizontally. As a result, the vacuum cleaner is more balanced and you can lift it up easily. The science can be pretty amazing, right? It can also be put in a wall mounted dock where it can be charged.
Digital motor V10:
The motor technology is the best thing Dyson has achieved with this vacuum cleaner. It can spin at a 125,000rpm speed. It has 14 mini cyclonic tubes which create powerful suction. Therefore, it is absolutely magnificent at picking up large debris and tiny particles.
Three power modes:
For a proud owner of both hardwood floor and carpet, you must want something that can work on every situation. V10 provides just the right answer for you. It has three power modes for you to choose from. The power modes are suitable for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult areas.
The most efficient cleaner heads:
This vacuum cleaner comes with two types of cleaner heads. Torque cleaner head is reportedly 25% more powerful than its predecessors. It is very useful for cleaning up dusts from the carpet. Another one is a motor-driven Soft roller cleaner head. It is covered in both fluffy nylon fiber and anti-static carbon fiber. It makes it easy for you to clean up large debris while the carbon fiber simultaneously picks up the small particles.
The Dust bin used in this model is almost 40% larger than the one used in Dyson V8. Yes, you can clean your house freely without worrying about the bin being filled. This spectacular vacuum cleaner uses whole-system filtration. That means it has a fully sealed filtration system that can trap 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. That way air of your house stays clean and dust free.
Dyson’s V8 was an absolute madness and its successor V10 surpasses every possible expectation you have as a consumer. You can think of this vacuum cleaner as the epitome of excellence. I know the price is not satisfactory but once you get a hold of this, you will realize its true value.
Looking for a vacuum cleaner that works well both on hardwood floor and carpet? You want your product to be cheap too? This spectacular vacuum cleaner weighs 15.1 lbs and has been handpicked just for you then.The best thing about Bissell 9595A is that it comes in a reasonable price yet provides an excellent service. This lightweight vacuum cleaner is powerful enough to meet all your demands.The reason it is called OnePass is because of the way it works. It has innovative brush design. A combination of strong suction power and rotating brush helps you effortlessly suck in the dirt and pet hair; just in one pass!
- Multi-Cyclonic System: They are very good with word play, just as good as their vacuum cleaner works! This vacuum cleaner has a strong suction ability. The innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet like a vortex. Therefore, it does not let tiny dust and particles lurking beneath the carpet.
- TurboBrush Tool: This vacuum cleaner basically works as an all-rounder. TurboBrush tool is a handheld mini motorized brush tool. You can clean the furniture, stairs and upholstery using this effective tool. This brush tool rotates. A powerful suction with the combination of rotating feature lets Bissell 9595A CleanViewBagless Vacuum with OnePass clean out debris, dirt and dust particles.
- Easy Empty Dirt Tank: The tank has a 2.2 liter capacity. So you can easily understand what that mean. Yes, OnePass! While cleaning the house, you will not have to stop in the middle and clean out the tank. It’s very easy to clear out the tank. The vacuum cleaner uses multilevel filtration technique and comes with a washable foam tank filter. That is why; you will only need few seconds to clear out the dirt tank.
- Wide power cord: Bissell CleanView Vacuum comes with a 25-foot long power cord. Therefore, you can use the vacuum cleaner tocover a large area keeping it plugged in.
- Extension Wand: Another mesmerizing feature of this vacuum cleaner is its extension wand. You will have to admit that there are not many vacuum cleaners in the market with features as unique as this. You can use it as a single tool or attach this with TurboBrush or Dusting Brush. It helps you reach the ceilings, fans or baseboard. No need to strain your back anymore!
This is a solid vacuum cleaner that comes at a cheap price. If you live in a small to medium sized house, this vacuum cleaner should do well enough for you.The Bissell 9595A CleanView stays true to its title – you can literally use it and clean your room in just one pass.
Stick vacuum cleaners are the new talk of the town. They are easy to handle and looks very stylish. And if you want your vacuum cleaner to be affordable as well, then I suggest you take a look at Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner.
This one is ideal for pet owners because not all vacuum cleaners in the market are specifically designed keeping the problem of pet hair in mind. The makers of this cleaner have made sure that it is sturdy yet flexible. It works great on hardwood floors but can get the job done for carpets too.
Know more in brief below:
- Versatility: You will not find many vacuum cleaners with as much feature as Bissell PowerEdge does. Its stylish V-shaped design of the nozzle is what attracts the customers the most. This V-shape enables it to reach the corners of the furniture easily and pick up debris. It has a unique rubber squeegees that can clear out pet hair and dust and channel them into the vacuum. The center of the V captures the large debris while the ends of the V capture the smaller particles. On top of that, it weighs only 7.5 lbs!
- Bagless cleaning technology: With this technology, you will never forget about emptying the vacuum cleaner. Compared to the bagged vacuum cleaners, it is more environment friendly. Also, you will not have to worry about buying bags for vacuum cleaner every time. Unlike the other bagged vacuums, it does not lose its suction power over time.
- Swivel Steering: The steering used in Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner makes it easier for you to maneuver. As a result, you get more flexibility.
Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner is really a very good cleaner that also comes out as cheap. So if you are budget constraint, then this vacuum cleaner might be the best solution for you. Because it does all the necessary jobs you want it to.
Another addition to the Dyson family is the Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner. Much like its relative V10, this bad boy has two levels of suction power and cordless. That is the best thing about Dyson products. You will not find many cordless stick vacuum in the market. It has a sleek red design that looks very fashionable. If you need hard-to-reach areas to be cleaned, Dyson V6 is the savior.
Know More in Brief Below:
- Cord-free: Absolutely cord free! It runs on battery. The problem with corded vacuum cleaner is that everything can get tangled while you clean your house. That can create a lot of mess. You don’t want that, right? If you want everything to be tidy. Then you will never have to worry about the vacuum cleaner always being plugged into socket. You can roam around freely with one of these.
- Lightweight and versatile: This vacuum cleaner weighs only 5.1 pounds – the lightest vacuum cleaner in our list. This innovative machine uses Instant-release trigger. It means that it does not have an on/off switch. It operates only when you’re pressing the trigger. Stops working immediately once you release the trigger. That way it can save tons of energy for you.
- Direct-drive Cleaner Head: V6 Absolute comes with direct-drive cleaner head. This large direct-drive motorized turbo brush head is best suited for carpets and hardwood floors. It has 75% more power than the V6 cord-free.
- Soft Roller Cleaner Head: This tool is specifically made for hardwood floors. It is great for picking up fine dust and large debris.
- HEPA Filtration: If you are an asthma patient, then I have some good news for you. V6 absolute uses HEPA Filtration. It has an extra filter at the back. This 2 tier filtration system, along with sealed technology makes sure that all the dusts trapped inside the vacuum do not get away into the air you breathe.
- Convenient docking station stores: Worried about keeping your precious vacuum cleaner in a safe place? This beautiful vacuum can be hanged in a wall mounted dock. This docking station can also be used for recharging the battery of the vacuum cleaner.
- Additional features: Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner also has a handheld mode. This feature is very useful for cleaning furniture and car seats. There is an additional Mini Motorized Tool that comes with this vacuum cleaner. It is great for removing pet hair.
This vacuum cleaner is one of the finest creations of Dyson. It is cost effective and does a lot for you. If you live in a medium sized house, this powerful vacuum cleaner should do well for you.
What to Consider before Buying Vacuums for hardwood floors and carpet
No matter what happens, you should always do your homework before you go into the market to buy the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet. You probably are thinking that all vacuum cleaners are same with a little difference. So what worse could possibly happen? That is where you are wrong. Each model is unique and helpful in its own way. If you have already visited the market, you probably would have noticed that some are specifically designed for carpet, while others are made for bare floors. But we want something which will do the job for two, right? So here are the factors you should consider before buying vacuums for hardwood floors and carpet –
Otherwise, you will just have to stop in the middle of cleaning your house, which can be pretty frustrating. A good cordless vacuum cleaner should operate fully around 40 minutes after fully charged. On a side note, make sure that your vacuum cleaner is charged very quickly. Most cordless models require 3.5 hours to be fully charged.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have gone through the whole article, kudos to you! After gaining so much information, you probably are asking yourself some questions. Well, I have covered that part for you too! Here are some of the most frequently asked questions by the consumers about the vacuum cleaners –
Shopping is actually an easy task. You go to the market or order online and pay, simple. But choosing which product is right for you will always put you in dilemma. Therefore, do your research before going to buy the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet.
I have seen many people regretting over the decisions they have made while purchasing any home appliances. Do not be like them. Rise above. A little research beforehand will help you a lot afterward.
I know the technical specifications may have gone over your head in some cases. It used to happen to me too. Therefore I have tried to make this whole article as simple as possible. I hope after reading this article, you will be much more confident about making your choice.
All the vacuum cleaners that have made to this list are my personal favorites. They are best suited for both hardwood floors and carpets.
Some people will also tell you to go for the most expensive one. Do not listen to them. Often the most expensive does not mean the most reliable. In this article I have added a section consisting of factors which should be considered while buying a vacuum cleaner. Take a good look at that, you will get a much better view and probably get a new perception.
Have you already made your purchase? Let us know in the comments below.