Robotic vacuum cleaners are ideal home appliances to take the hard work out of vacuuming. The best robotic vacuum cleaners will clean dust, dirt, and pet hair from your floors without you having to do any work. What’s more, robot vacuums will clean your home when you’re not there. With advances in technology, robotic vacs are becoming cheaper, and they are now affordable options for most people.
Here is a review of the top eight robotic vacuum cleaners currently for sale. The list of pros and cons of each model will help you compare each model.
Robotic vacuums are small disc-shaped units with powerful suction, brushes, and dust cups to keep your floors clean. Robot vacuums for carpets and hardwood floors use sensors to avoid bumping into furniture, falling down stairs, and adjusting to different surfaces. The best robotic vacs have learning capabilities, and you can control them with your smartphone.
The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners — Overview
The choice of buying a robotic vacuum is vast. Cheap robot vacuums can cost as little as $200, and they do an adequate job of sweeping floors. Some of the best-rated robot vacuums can cost in the region of $700 to $1,500. So, knowing which automatic vacuum to pick for your home can be challenging.
Before choosing a robotic vacuum cleaner, it’s vital to consider your cleaning needs. If you have animals, you’ll need to find the best robot vacuum for pet hair. Or, if you have various surfaces—tiled, hardwood, carpets—you’ll need to find a top-rated robot vacuum for multi surfaces.
Currently, the leaders in robotic vacuum cleaning are iRobot Roomba, Roborock, and Eufy. However, there are now good quality budget robot vacs and high-end robotic cleaners such as the Dyson 360 Heurist.
This review of robotic vacuum cleaners looks at the pros and cons of the top eight models currently on the market. This unbiased review will help you choose the best robotic vacuum to meet your cleaning needs.
The 8 Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
1. iRobot Roomba i7+ Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
The iRobot Roomba i7+ is one of the best automatic cleaning appliances currently for sale online. The robotic vacuum does an impressive job of cleaning all the nooks and crannies of your home. This technology creates virtual maps of your home, thus speeding up cleaning time. The iRobot i7+ connects with Alexa or Google Assistant.
A superb feature of this robotic vacuum is its self-emptying abilities. The docking station has a dust bin that holds up to 30 days of dust. The top-quality filtration system means that the Roomba i7+ is one of the best robot vacuums for pets. Overall, the iRobot vacuum does a great job of cleaning hardwood floors and carpets. It is also one of the best robotic vacuums for pet hair.
- Automatic self-emptying dust bin
- Two-roller system for more effective cleaning
- Smart navigation
- Traps 99% of cat and dog allergens
- You must buy dust bags for the docking station
2. Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum
The Roborock S6 is an excellent choice of robotic vacuum cleaner for its all-around effective cleaning capabilities. The automatic vacuum cleans hardwood floors and carpeted ones. It also gets into within half an inch of corners, making it one of the best robot models in this review. Thanks to its intelligent mapping and scheduling system, your home always looks clean.
Comparing the Roborock S6 with other robotic vacuums, you’ll find that this is one of the few models with a mop system. After cleaning dust from floors, the robotic cleaner does another clean to mop hardwood and tiled floors to keep them gleaming.
- Works with smartphone apps, Alexa, and Google Assistant
- Rarely gets stuck
- Uses wet and dry method to keep floors clean
- Tangle-free brushes
- Excellent battery life
- It can become noisy in full-power mode
- Its large size means it doesn’t get into all tight spots
3. Ecovacs Deebot T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Ecovacs Deebot T8 is a robotic vacuum cleaner with a remarkable array of features. This robot cleaning appliance is a vacuum and mop combined. Unlike other mop systems, the Deebot T8 sweeps and mops in one go. The obstacle identification feature ensures that it learns while it cleans, significantly speeding up general clean time.
The extra features of the Deebot T8 include on-demand live video, a microphone, a built-in speaker, and virtual maps. For some people, these added security features give peace of mind to check up on pets or home security remotely.
- Integrated sweeping and mopping
- AI technology recognizes obstacles and adjusts cleaning
- Live video
- Create virtual walls for no-go zones and no-mop zones
- Up to 3 hours of runtime
- High price tag
- Not all users feel comfortable with the home security features due to fears of hacking
4. Eufy G30 Edge Robotic Vacuum
If you are looking for an affordable, high-quality robotic vacuum cleaner, then the Eufy G30 is an ideal choice. The small, slim robot vac is well-designed to get into the smallest of spaces. Also, it’s extremely quiet and does an adequate job of sweeping up dust and dirt. The intelligent features of the Eufy G30 include scheduling, spot cleaning, and manual control.
A nice feature of this robot vac is the automatic charging capabilities. When power is low, the vacuum returns to the docking station. Virtual walls are created using boundary strips to identify no-go areas.
- Affordable robotic vacuum cleaner
- Methodical cleaning that results in cleaner floors
- Easy to use and has basic smart mapping features
- Low-noise operation
- Ideal robot vacuum for hardwood floors and low-pile carpets
- The boundary strips are cumbersome
- It takes longer than other robot vacuums to clean
5. Proscenic M7 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The Proscenic M7 cleaning appliance is regarded as a “best buy” robot vacuum cleaner due to its price and range of features. The automatic vacuum has powerful suction, which makes quick work of vacuuming hardwood or carpeted floors. The intelligent sensors map out your home’s floor space and adjust suction as needed.
Compared to other robot vacuums, the Proscenic M7 Pro does one of the best jobs of switching between floor surfaces. A nice feature is the interchangeable dust bin with a water tank for mopping floors. Like the other top-rated robots, this model connects to smartphone apps, Alexa, Google Assistant, and it comes with remote control.
- Straightforward to set up and use
- Automatically adjusts power settings
- Extended operation time—up to 150 minutes
- It also has a mopping function
- Small water tank
- It doesn’t automatically avoid carpeted areas when mopping
6. Dyson 360 Heurist Robotic Vacuum
Dyson is one of the top-rated vacuum cleaner manufacturers, and the Dyson 360 Heurist robot vac doesn’t disappoint. The Dyson Heurist is one of the most powerful robotic vacuums on the market. The extra-wide brush means fewer passes to clean floors. The mapping system sets up areas to clean regularly and avoid on schedule.
The Dyson 360 vacuum is taller but narrower compared to other robot vacuums. This means it gets through some narrow gaps better than other models but has trouble getting under furniture. The intelligent cleaning system can switch off the spinning brush, meaning that this robotic vacuum won’t damage hard floors and cleans deep-pile carpets better.
- Works with a Dyson Link app, Alexa, and Google Assistant
- It uses tank-style tracks rather than wheels
- Powerful suction
- Doesn’t avoid certain obstacles
- It is louder than most other robot vacuums
- Extremely high price tag
7. Neato Botvac D7 Connected Robotic Vacuum
The Neato Botvac D7 is one of the best robot vacuum cleaners for carpets and hardwood floors. The unique ‘D’ design of this vac means that it’s also one of the best automatic models for cleaning corners. Cleaning is improved with this model because it goes in straight lines rather than random patterns.
The Neato D7 is one of the biggest challengers to iRobot Roomba models due to its design, suction power, and intelligent mapping system. When it comes to cleaning pet hair, the robot vacuum has an extra-wide roller to remove more hair.
- Unique design to clean all floor areas, including corners
- Unrivaled performance
- Intelligent mapping
- Connects to smart home systems
- One of the best robot vacuums for pet hair
- Small dust bin capacity
8. Shark ION Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark ION robotic vacuum is a cost-friendly, high-quality vacuum and represents one of the best-value robot vacuum cleaners. The automatic vacuum is ideal for hardwood floors and thin-pile carpets and rugs. Additionally, it is one of the quietest vacuums in this review. The excellent mapping system protects furniture and avoids potential “stick situations.”
The Shark robotic vacuum ensures effective cleaning due to the three-brush system. Also, you can use smart apps to schedule cleaning when you’re not home or nightly cleaning.
- Budget-friendly robotic vacuum
- Low-noise operation
- Sleek design
- Low profile means it cleans well under furniture
- Small capacity dust bin
- It doesn’t perform well on deep-pile carpets
The Best Features of Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
Robotic vacuum cleaners are fast becoming the most popular household cleaning appliances. The best features of robotic vacs are that they save time, effort and do a great job keeping homes clean. Although robot vacuums can’t replace upright vacuums or canister models, they can save a lot of time on day-to-day cleaning.
The best feature to look for when choosing a robotic vacuum for hardwood floors and carpets is learning technology. Smart vacs learn the layout of your home and adjust cleaning as necessary. For example, kitchens, hallways, and living areas tend to be dirtier than other rooms.
Also, look for robotic vacuums that you can control remotely while you’re not home. Automatic vacuums with a charging dock mean that you never have to forget to recharge them.
What to Consider Before Buying a Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The best robotic vacuums for carpets, hardwood floors, and pet hair are not necessarily the most expensive. What are the primary considerations before purchasing a robotic vac? Here are a few things to think about:
- Battery life—The best robotic vacuum cleaners have a docking station where they return to after cleaning or when the charge is low. However, cheaper robotic vacs need to be plugged in. This means that a cheaper model may not finish the job if it runs out of charge halfway through cleaning.
- Brush type—The effectiveness of robot vacuums is down to the brush type. The brush bar should also have beaters to help lift stubborn dirt from floors. Also, the small sweeper brushes are ideal for directing dirt into the vacuum and speeding up cleaning.
- Cleaning modes—The top-rated robotic vacuum cleaners have multiple cleaning modes for various tasks. They can do spot cleaning, concentrate on specific rooms, or do a complete clean.
- Dust capacity—Consider how much you plan to use a robotic vacuum cleaner. If you will use it extensively to clean floors, choose one with a larger dust bin capacity.
- Remote control—Many of the top robot vacuums can be controlled remotely, either via a remote control or a smartphone app. Cheaper robotic vacuums have to be set manually.
- Sensor technology—Sensors in robotic vac set the cheap models apart from the more expensive ones. Simple sensors such as infrared stop robot cleaner from falling down stairs. More sophisticated vacs have laser-guided scanners to map out homes and develop virtual walls to only clean where you need.
FAQs About Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
How do robotic vacuum cleaners work?
Robotic vacuum cleaners use various sensors to detect where they should clean. Some cleaners have advanced sensor technology to create maps of your home. Virtual walls are invisible barriers that automatic vacuums use to restrict access to certain areas of a room or home.
How often should I clean the robotic vacuum’s dust bin?
The number of times you must empty the vacuum’s dust container depends on its capacity and how often the vacuum is used. Most robotic vacuums have a warning light when the dust bin requires emptying.
How often should I clean the robotic vacuum’s filter?
Most manufactures recommend cleaning the vacuum’s filter every fifth or sixth clean. This helps to ensure efficient cleaning and prolongs the vacuum cleaner’s life. Depending on your cleaning needs, you may need to replace filters every six months.
Do I need a robotic vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter?
Buying a top-rated robotic vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter is a good idea if anyone in the house has allergies. HEPA filters prevent the robotic vac from releasing microscopic allergens back into the air.
Buying a Robotic Vacuum Cleaner — In Conclusion
With such a range of choices of robotic vacuum cleaners, picking the right one can be challenging. Even most of the cheapest robot vacuums have excellent sweeping capabilities, mapping, and smartphone apps. The best robot vacuums have a wide range of features, some of which include extra security for your home.