You care about keeping your luxury vinyl plank floor clean and in top shape, so you don’t want to settle for anything less than the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. But with so many different vacuums on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you.
Should you get an upright vacuum cleaner, or is it better to use a robotic vacuum cleaner? And will any type of brand or model do, or are some specifically the best for vinyl floors?
Quick overview: 3 of our Best Vacuums for Vinyl Plank Floors
Best Vacuum for Luxury Vinyl Plank Floors Reviewed
In the guide below, you’ll find information you need to help you choose a vacuum, best suited for vacuuming your vinyl plank floors without damaging them.
1 – Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
They claim that it has “twice the suction of any cordless vacuum” and the moment you use this vacuum you notice the difference. But suction isn’t the only thing it has to offer.
The special cleaner head automatically changes the suction power depending on the type of floor you’re using the vacuum on. This means that it uses exactly the right suction power for your vinyl plank floors.
The design is extremely lightweight and easy to use to ensure you don’t accidentally scratch the floor when cleaning your home.
Other great features include that it converts to a handheld vacuum for use on stairs or upholstery, it comes with multiple adjustable tools to adapt to the part of your house you’re cleaning, and it has an impressive runtime of 60 minutes. It also features an LCD screen which shows you how much run time is left, as well as other performance indicators like the selected power mode.
Dyson V11 Torque Drive: Pros
- Cordless yet extremely powerful
- 60 minutes of runtime
- Special cleaner head changes suction power based on floor type (ideal for vinyl plank floors)
- Lightweight design
- Converts to handheld
Dyson V11 Torque Drive: Cons
- Although completely worth it, it is more expensive than other vacuums
2 – Eureka Blaze Stick Vacuum Cleaner 3-in-1
It’s a stick vacuum, just like the Dyson, which is a great type of vacuum for luxury vinyl plank floors. It’s extremely light, weighing only 3.2 pounds, and you can convert it into a handheld vacuum as well. It comes with an extra crevice tool so you can easily get into every corner.
The downside of the Eureka is that it’s not cordless like the Dyson, nor is it just as powerful or advanced. Of course, you see this reflected in the price tag. All in all, if you’re on a budget, this is a great vacuum for you and your luxury vinyl plank floors!
Eureka Blaze Stick Vacuum: Pros
- Great budget option
- Extremely lightweight
- Converts into handheld
- Crevice tool included
Eureka Blaze Stick Vacuum: Cons
- Not as powerful as others
3 – iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
The iRobot receives a near-perfect 4.5-out-of-5-star rating on Amazon based on a whopping 40,000+ reviews from previous customers! So, what’s all the hype about?
The best advantage of this vacuum over others is the ease of use. No more carrying around a heavy vacuum cleaner and spending hours every week cleaning your house.
The iRobot not only does it for you, but you can schedule it in advance, use voice control (compatible with Amazon Alexa) to tell it what to do, or even use the smartphone app to control it when you’re away. Another smart feature is that it learns about your own cleaning habits and then automatically generates a personalized cleaning schedule for you.
In terms of vacuuming, it easily detects dirt on your floor and sucks it up. It’s designed to handle your luxury vinyl plank floor with care, which means you don’t have to worry about scratches or marks. The auto-adjust cleaning head automatically adapts based on the type of floor the robot is on, so you can even switch between vinyl plank flooring and carpet.
iRobot Roomba 675: Pros
- Fully automatic, complete ease of use
- Voice control (Alexa and Google Assistant)
- Auto-adjust cleaning head to use on multiple surfaces
- Raving reviews on Amazon
iRobot Roomba 675: Cons
- Not the cheapest (as with all robot vacuums)
What is Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) flooring is a strong and durable yet affordable type of flooring. It’s most commonly used as an alternative to more expensive types of flooring, like stone or hardwood.
This type of flooring consists of multiple different layers, with the actual vinyl being the top one. Together, they form incredibly durable planks that are available in all sorts of designs. In many cases, they are used to give a floor a faux finish that looks and feels almost identical to hardwood (but doesn’t cost as much).
Luxury vinyl plank flooring is also waterproof, which means you can also use a mop to keep it clean. Of course, it is much easier to just use a vacuum instead of making your floor wet (and having to wait for it to dry again). Alternatively, you can use a wet-dry vacuum, although you do need to be careful with these so that they do not accidentally still damage your floor.
Note that although luxury vinyl is slightly different from other types of vinyl planks (we won’t go into all the technical details!), they require the same type of vacuum regardless of the type of vinyl plank.
So, if you’re looking for the best vacuum for LVP floors specifically or just for the best vacuum for vinyl plank flooring in general: You’re on the right page!
What to Consider when Choosing a Vacuum Cleaner for Vinyl Plank Floors
When it comes to something as important as the floor you walk on every day, you don’t want to just go for the first vacuum you see. You might end up with a product that doesn’t really fit your needs, or the vacuum might even damage your expensive floor!
So here are a few tips on what to consider before picking the right vacuum for you.
Type of vacuum cleaner
The first thing to consider is of course the type of vacuum cleaner you want. When it comes to finding the best vacuum for vinyl plank flooring, you need to bear in mind that you can accidentally scratch your floor.
That’s probably the largest downside of vinyl plank flooring because you won’t have that problem with stone or carpet floors, for example. Luckily, most vacuum cleaners come with anti-scratch protection like brushes at the bottom of the vacuum where it is in contact with the floor, but some are still considered better for luxury vinyl plank flooring than others.
- Upright vacuums: Great, easy-to-use vacuums, but they can be quite heavy which means you need to be more careful not to scratch your floor with them.
- Stick vacuums: Practically the same as upright vacuums, but the main difference is that they’re lighter and more compact. This means you are less prone to scratch the floor with them, making the stick potentially the best for vinyl plank floors and carpets alike.
- Canister vacuums: More flexible and easier to use in different places and surfaces than upright vacuums, but you need to be careful with scratches as you drag the canister with you over the floor.
- Robot vacuums: Arguably the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors as the work is done automatically and you don’t have to worry about scratching the floor as the best robot vacuum for vinyl plank floors will always come with anti-scratch protection.
Every type of vacuum has its own pros and cons, and a lot of it still comes down to personal preference. But when it comes to protecting your precious LVP floor, we do believe stick or robot vacuums are the best options available.
Choose corded or cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
The traditional corded vacuums require you to plug them into the socket for power. Because of this, you’re bound to a relatively limited space that you can clean at one time before you have to change the socket again. The cord can also get in the way when you’re cleaning, restricting your freedom of movement with the vacuum.
Cordless vacuums are much handier because you don’t have to worry about plugging in the vacuum and being tied to a cord. The best cordless vacuum for vinyl plank floors has a battery life of an hour, which unless you live in a mansion should be more than enough to clean your entire home.
That’s why we’d always recommend you get a cordless vacuum.
Weight of the Vacuum Cleaner
Unless you buy a robotic vacuum, you have to walk around and carry your vacuum cleaner through your house, potentially up and down your stairs as well. This is not just inconvenient, but it can be bad for your back as well. And when it comes to vinyl plank floors, in particular, heavy vacuum cleaners are more prone to cause damage as well.
Luckily, many modern, higher-end vacuum cleaners don’t weigh a lot, especially stick vacuums.
What is the Vacuums Filter system
When you clean your house with a vacuum cleaner, it not just sucks up all the dirt. You see, all the air that goes in the vacuum cleaner needs to go out as well.
Of course, vacuums don’t just blow out the same dirty air again. Instead, the dirt and air go through some form of internal filtration system. The better the filtering system, the cleaner the air that’s released from your vacuum while cleaning.
The best vacuum cleaners have what’s called a HEPA filtration system or an equivalent, which filters out even the tiniest bits of dust. Some vacuums, like the Dyson V11 Torque on our list below, for example, come with a unique whole-machine filtration system instead.
Best Stick Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Floors
- Rubber squeegees
- V-shaped foot
- Cleans edges and corners
- Easy to empty
- Lightweight and versatile
- Swivel steering
- This vacuum V-shape directs larger debris to the center of the suction path, for that the ends of the V can capture small as well as fine debris.
- The function of Easy-to-empty the dirt cup will give you the comfort and make your cleaning fun.
- BISSELL’s main concern is to save pets. They proudly run BISSELL Pet Foundation and their motto is to save and help homeless pets.
- The cleaning path width is 11. 35 inches and it is V-Shaped.
- One can easily move around the furniture and through the low legs.
- The cord length is 20 feet, can cover more space at a time.
While using you need to just make that filter is clean and there is no clog on the suction path. This vacuum is good for the hard surface like a plank vinyl floor. If you are looking for a corded stick vacuum cleaner for your vinyl floors house, Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner, 81L2A Stick Vacuum is for you.
- Linx cordless fade-free lithium-ion battery system.
- Battery fuel gauge.
- Intuitive power control.
- Powered brush roll with wind tunnel technology.
- Effortless multi-floor cleaning.
- Edge cleaning bristles.
- Lightweight, low profile design.
- Wide cleaning path.
- Bottom release dirt cup.
- Long handle, by this long handle you can reach any corner of your house, without moving any furniture.
- This vacuum has a lithium-ion battery, rechargeable battery provide you cordless Freedom to clean any corner of your house.
- This vacuum cleaner weight is so light, weight is below 10 pounds and it is very portable to move any corner of the house.
- It has edge cleaning bristles, to remove dust particles, pet hair from any stubborn corner of the house.
- Featuring point is wind tunnel technology, helps you to do a deep cleaning.
- The multi-floor cleaning technology helps you to clean hard floors and also carpet.
Best Upright Vacuums for Vinyl Planked Floors
- Led headlights.
- XL capacity dust cup.
- Versatile cleaning with lift away.
- Anti-allergen complete seal.
- 3 mode system-
- Upright mode
- Lift away on stairs mode.
- Lift away overhead mode.
- It has Powerful upright function, comes with Lift-Away pod. It helps to convenient cleaning at any surface of the house (stairs and floor).
- By Rotator Technology this vacuum can enhance the swivel steering function and can do deep floor and carpet cleaning.
- Dust cup capacity of this vacuum is 1.3 quarts.
- This vacuum has Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology, HEPA filtration.This is a lightweight vacuum cleaner.
- The ultra-quiet function.
- It comes with exclusive pet tools also ergo clean function accessories.
- The vacuum hose length is 8.4 feet.
With one push on the button, the lift-away technology will help you to clean your house easily. This vacuum has more functions and helpful technology than any other stick vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner might be the solution to your dirty vinyl floor.
- The capacity of this vacuum cleaner dust cup – 0.64 quarts.
- It is a cordless vacuum, easier to use.
- 2-speed mode for carpet and bare floor like vinyl flooring.
- It has a powerful suction cup to pick up pet hair.
- This vacuum cleaner cup is extra large. And easy to empty the dust.
- Attractive steering gives easy to use action.
This premium cordless vacuum cleaner gives you the most comfortable experience, easier to move one room to another. Reach every corner of the house, under the furniture even in stairs, a swivel steering gives you the controlling power.
This vacuum cleaner weight is only 7.5 pounds, means you will not face any problem moving. One lithium battery gives you the more running power, you can use it for a long time.
Robot Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Floor
- Powerful suction.
- Self-cleaning brush roll.
- Design for the home with pets.
- Duel edges and corner brushes.
- IQ mapping –
- Where it’s been
- Knows where to go
- Knows where to resume
- App & voice control
- You can Forget about your cleaning for up to a month now.
- It can hold dirt and debris up to 30 days. .
- This vacuum cleaner is bagless and has a self-emptying function.
- This vacuum has a powerful suction.
- You can set up a Schedule cleaning target to the specific rooms or you can select the whole house. It can control by the Shark Clean app and also by voice control with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- After doing the total home mapping, you can select any map or any part of your house that needs to be clean. Now choose the map and let the vacuum do the cleaning.
- It also has a Self-cleaning brush roll, which requires to remove pet and long hair. It cleans perfectly.
After your vacuum cleaner has done the whole mapping of your house, you just need to command. After the cleaning session is completed, it empties its dust into a bagless base. And this can hold up to 30 cleaning sessions. So if you want a modern plank vinyl floor house with an intelligent cleaning system, here is your option.
Best Canister Vacuums for Vinyl Plank Floor
- 20 feet long cord and long extension wand.
- It can cover a long distance at a time.
- Easy to clean dust bag.
- This lightweight vacuum cleaner can move easily.
- The blower blows the debris from any corner, even in a walkway or garage.
- Cord wind arranges the cord perfectly and makes the work smooth.
- This vacuum is best for home and outside.
- It has a blower port included.
- It is very lightweight only 11.6 pounds.
- Extra dust hold capacity- 2.5 liter, good for smooth and efficient cleaning.
- It can clean the house completely and safely.
- Easy to operate with figure touch.
- It has a deluxe floor brush and bare floor nozzle.
This canister vacuum has 12 amp motor, which can give you the perfect and efficient cleaning. If you prefer a canister vacuum and no matter your house is big or small, you can try this canister vacuum. For dust and pet hair this vacuum does magic.
- Miele Hyclean FJM Dust Bag.
- The hose handle is lightweight and ergonomic.
- Super Air Clean Filter and Sealed System Construction (SSC).
- extra wide brush roll.
- Electronic Suction Control Dial with 6 Suction Settings.
- SBB-3 Parquet Floor Brush.
- SEB228 Powerhead.
- This Miele Compact C2 Electro+ has a 20-Year Average Life-Span.
- This vacuum cleaner is Lightweight and Powerful. The weight is 10 lbs.
- It has Miele SEB 228 Powerhead- Electrically Driven Carpet Tool, an Extra Wide Brush Roll.
- You can adjust the Height Based on Pile of the Carpet.
- This vacuum cleaner comes with a bundle- Miele’s AH50 FJM Performance Pack-16 Genuine Miele FJM Airclean filter bags. 1 Genuine Miele HEPA Air Clean Filter AH-50 and 4 Pre-Motor Protection Filters.
- This vacuum cleaner can do Perfect for Deep Cleaning Medium to High Pile Carpet.
- gadget- crush-proof ergonomic hose, stainless-steel telescopic wands, crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool.
- It is included with Miele SBB-3 Parquet Floor Brush; this is good for bare floors.
- Includes Variable Speed Control – 6 Different Speeds, can do Perfect Suction for Drape, Rugs, Bare Floors, etc.
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Luxury Vinyl Plank Floors
The plank vinyl floor can be luxurious. This type of floor has a rich and shiny amazing look. As plank vinyl floor is 100% synthetic, it requires a good cleaning. You can mop or swap your floor, but the effective way to remove the dirt from your floor is to use a vacuum cleaner. The best vacuum for vinyl plank floors is a key point here. For you, we keep a product detail here.
We will discuss the Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning, Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap, & Powered Lift-Away with Hand Vacuum (AZ1002) the best vacuum for vinyl floors.
- This vacuum Dust cup – 1.5 quarts.
- Shark’s ultimate cleaning.
- Powered lift-away – This vacuum cleaner canister detaches to extend and reach of the cleaner head, helps to reach under furniture.
- Shark Duo Cleaning – it has a dual brush with roll system, which helps to deep cleaning. Carpets and directly engages floors such vinyl plank floor. Gives a polished look.
- This vacuum has 11 inches wide cleaning path.
- HEPA filter with advanced anti-allergen complete seal technology.
- Zero M technologies – This vacuum has a self-cleaning system including with brush that removes hair nonstop. generally, it can clean itself.
- This vacuum has three modes –
- Powered lift-away mode
- Upright mode
- Above-Floor mode
This vacuum can make cleaning fun. Which make this vacuum cleaner is the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. Smooth and relaxing experience, you will get while cleaning.
Shark APEX Upright Vacuum (AZ1002) can be the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors of your house. If you want the power with comfort and looking for the best result you can go with Shark APEX Upright Vacuum (AZ1002).
Best cordless vacuum for luxury vinyl plank floors
If you are looking for a free-roaming vacuum cleaner, to do whatever you want with your vacuum cleaner and to go anywhere, any corner of the house, you should go with a cordless vacuum cleaner.
When you want, your vacuum cleaner should not have any boundaries, any limit. You want to take it to any corner of your house; a cordless vacuum cleaner is your best option. In the cordless vacuum cleaner list, Tineco A11 Hero EX Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is the pioneer. It has great powerful suction with multi-surface cleaning technology. It is good for pet hair.
- Deep cleaning performance – full size LED multi-tasker power brush.
- 120 W strong suction power.
- 4 stages of the full sealed filtration system.
- Creative tools.
- Tigger or continuous mode.
- 2 in 1 dusting brush.
Frequently asked Questions
Can you use a vacuum on vinyl plank flooring?
Yes, but you shouldn’t just buy any type of vacuum cleaner, when it comes to vinyl plank flooring, your best options are to choose either a robot vacuum or a lightweight stick vacuum. Both of these aren’t as heavy and won’t scratch your precious floor.
What is the best way to clean vinyl plank flooring?
You can best clean your vinyl plank flooring using a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t scratch your floor when operating it. The best vacuum types to clean vinyl plank flooring are either stick vacuums or robot vacuums.
Buying a vacuum cleaner without thinking of your floor type, could result in you accidentally damaging your floor coverings when you use the wrong vacuum.
Especially when it comes to luxury vinyl plank floors, you don’t want to get a vacuum that leaves scratches. That’s why its important to invest in the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors so you can clean your house with complete peace of mind!