The Bissell Little Green Portable Spot and Stain Cleaner is designed to offer a quick and easy way to remove stains and spots in your carpets and upholstery. As its name suggests, the Little Green has a lightweight design that makes it not only portable to use, but small enough for easy storage. But, does it live up to its reputation as a great spot and stain cleaner?
Here we’ll examine this model in more detail to help you make a purchase decision.
The Little Green Basics
The Little Green is a compact cleaner that is small enough to carry from room to room or fit neatly in a cupboard. It is quite lightweight, yet it has the power to remove spots and stains from rugs, carpets, upholstery and other soft furnishings.
It is also supplied with a variety of attachments to address specific cleaning issues, whether you have messy children who tend to get sticky finger marks on your surfaces and spill their favorite juice or pets that are prone to accidents.
The unit has a decent water tank that can hold up to 48 ounces for continuous, simple cleaning, even if you’re tackling a larger area. However, despite its modest proportions, the Little Green has a powerful motor that can manage to lift messes from surfaces with the minimum of fuss.
Key Features of the BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet Cleaner
The Bissell Little Green Spot and Stain Cleaning Machine 1400m is a popular model with some interesting features that set it apart from others in the niche. These key features include:
- Great Portability: The compact, lightweight design of the little Green makes it easy to carry and move around, particularly if you’re tackling challenging areas such as stairs and car upholstery.
- Powerful Motor: The Little Green has a decent motor that delivers strong suction, which can quickly and effectively remove stains, spills and dirt from your carpets and upholstery.
- Two Tank System: The Little Green has two separate tanks; one for clean water (or cleaning solution) and the other for the dirty water. This ensures that only clean water is used for cleaning, while the dirty water is collected. The tanks also have indicators, so you can easily check the levels at any time during your cleaning task.
- Intuitive Controls: This model has straightforward controls that make it easy to activate the cleaning functions including suction and spray.
- Attachments and Tools: The Little Green is supplied with a tool kit including a crevice tool and stain brush to help you clean difficult to reach areas or specific stains. The nozzle and hose of the unit can also be removed for easy cleaning, maintenance and storage.
- Long Power Cord: The power cord on this model is 15 feet long, making it easy to clean without needing to stop and change power outlets.
Benefits of Bissell Little Green Portable Spot and Stain Cleaner:
The Little Green offers some excellent benefits for those looking for an appliance to spot clean and remove stains around their home. These include:
1/ Superb Ease of Use:
The Little Green is straightforward to use, even if you’re not familiar with this type of device. You simply need to fill up the cleaning solution tank and place it back on the machine. Then, you just need to switch it on and start cleaning.
The spray trigger offers a wide coverage area and once you spray the area, you let the solution set in for up to five minutes. After this, use the brush head to suck the surface. You can also vacuum and spray at the same time, if only a lighter cleaning is needed.
2/ You Can Check Your Progress:
Unlike many carpet cleaning machines, you can only see how well your stain removal is going once the surface has been treated, vacuumed and dried. However, with the Little Green, you can watch specific stains disappear before your eyes. You can also look at the tanks, where you can see the dirty water tank and see how much gunk you’re removing from your carpets or upholstery.
3/ Easy Storage and Portability:
Since the Little Green is far smaller compared to a standard vacuum, the Little Green is highly portable and easy to store. Without full tanks, the machine weighs approximately 10 pounds and stands at approximately 12 inches tall. It has a low profile that makes it easy to store in cupboards or even on top shelves of wardrobes or cabinets.
Additionally, since the cord neatly wraps around the body of the cleaner, it is easy to tuck away without worrying about dangling cords or tangles.
Bissell Little Green Portable Spot and Stain Cleaner: How To Use:
As we touched on earlier, the Little Green is remarkably easy to use. You can use this machine with just a few basic steps.
- Fill the tank: Fill the reservoir with either room temperature water or a solution made with Bissell recommended carpet cleaning detergent and water. You can then reattach the tank to the machine.
- Plug In: Once the tank is in place, you can plug in the Little Green and switch it on.
- Tackle Stains: You can either use the hose scrubber to address soiled spots or use the spray trigger to saturate any caked on stains. Once the solution has settled for a few minutes, you can run the vacuum over the affected areas until the water and debris has been sucked up into the dirty water tank.
In Conclusion: Bissell Little Green Portable Spot and Stain Cleaner
Of course, the Bissell Little Green Portable Spot And Stain Cleaner isn’t perfect. This is a lightweight machine that is designed for portability and convenience. It is budget friendly, but if you have heavy soiling or need to frequently clean your carpets and upholstery, you may prefer one of the Little Green sibling models such as the SpotClean Pro, which has a larger motor and bigger tanks.
However, the Little Green does have sufficient power to tackle most household stains and carpet cleaning. You can even use it to clean curtains and other upholstery. You do need to watch for bits of hair and lint that can get stuck in the nozzle, but you can detach the hose and nozzle to clean it, before you carry on cleaning.
The Bissell Little Green Spot and Stain Cleaning Machine 1400m is also supplied with a number of tools and a trial size bottle of cleaning solution, so it can deliver versatile cleaning, whether you want to use it inside your home or to clean your vehicle upholstery. If you have pets, messy children or simply want to extend the lifespan of your carpets and upholstery, the Little Green is a budget friendly cleaning option.