The range of the types of vacuum cleaners that exist out there is seriously overwhelming. But fortunately, several brands have made it above others as they prove to excel in terms of durability, performance, and versatility. Shark is one of those brands long known to be highly versatile in the art of home cleaning and dust sweeping.
This time we will be reviewing Shark NV752 which is one of their best sellers that brags versatility as well as excellent performance. We’ll start with what you will find inside the package of Shark NV752 when you receive it. Then, we will discuss the features and specifications and pros & cons of using this upright vacuum cleaner.
If you want to jump to the conclusion, head down below and we’ll tell you what we think and whether this vacuum cleaner truly lives up to what it claims to be able to.
What’s in the box?
At receiving the package, you will receive the following items. Note that this upright vacuum cleaner comes with parts separated and ready-to-assemble with the need to purchase additional tools.
- A bag to hold accessories and brushes that are not in use. Can also be used to cover the vacuum cleaner when not in use!
- Dusting brush
- Duster crevice
- True Pet Mini Motorized Brush
- Upholstery Tool
- Dust-Away with 1 pad
- 3 quarts canister
- An instruction manual with the vacuum cleaner ready to assemble. Every part will fit in each other as they have a sort of plastic seal that will click together when you get them right. Fully assembled vacuum cleaner weighs about 15.6 lbs
- 30-meter long cord
Shark NV752 Review
Important Features of Shark NV752
- Advanced Swivel Steering on upright mode gives this vacuum cleaner the flexible maneuverability users have been craving for. The end of the vacuum cleaner is able to turn to a different direction with just a little push to the side.
- Powered Lift-Away Mode is the best feature of the vacuum cleaner. It allows you to remove the canister with a single touch and carry it temporarily to reach the deep corners under furniture or high places such as above the cabinets.
- TruePet Motorized Brush with Pet Multi-tool Ultimate equips the vacuum cleaner with the brushes to keep your house free of floating pet hairs. They are also small enough to reach the crevices of your sofa chairs.
- A HEPA filter with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology brags a completely sealed system that captures allergen without blowing them back out into the room. Shark claims that many vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are not sealed enough and with this technology, they trap 99.9% of dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- LED lights on the nozzle allow you to clean dark deep corners and not miss a thing.
- Fingertip controls allow you to switch between different modes for your vacuum cleaners effortlessly and quite literally from your fingertip.
What We Like:
The features look amazing, but do they really serve their purpose, or are they just another gimmick marketer uses? The pros are as follow:
- Shark NV752 has better and stronger suction compared to the Dyson’s. Coincidentally, it is also a fact Shark claims and states on the packaging of the vacuum cleaner.
- Truly versatile. The claim that Shark makes regarding the versatility is no joke. The Advanced Swivel Steering makes the upright vacuum cleaner easier to use, although it is not perfect. The canister is removable with the push of a button, making it possible to clean any place; the stairs, ceiling, above the shelves, etc. Changing the vacuum cleaner mode from the rug area to hardwood is also as easy as using the controls on your fingertips.
- TruePet Motorized Brush is the kind of small brush that a lot of people didn’t even know they need. Its function can be expanded to not just for pet hairs, but also small areas and corners of your upholsteries.
- According to many customers, the price of this flexible and versatile vacuum cleaner is worth it compared to many other popular models out there. It has enough suction power and is able to work on multiple surfaces with decent maintenance requirements.
What We Didn’t Like:
The cons that might apply to you (or maybe not!):
- A tad heavy
- Unusual internal cyclone technology can actually wear the filters faster than you think. You need to regularly wash the filter once a month (once every 3 months might wear the filter even faster) as well as dust the foam filter whenever you can. This way you won’t wear out the filter as often.
- Loses suction power when the canister is carried because the weight applies pressure on the brush towards the surface.
- The brush, including the pet brush, does not work well with a high amount of long hair. You need to clean them or you’ll risk damaging the belt.
- Aside from that, the brush does have minor tangling issues, but this can be solved by cleaning the brush from hair after a considerably good amount of vacuuming.
Consider this section as part of the review as well.
The great thing about this upright vacuum cleaner is that it has eliminated many of the weaknesses that upright vacuum cleaners typically have. While there are many competitors offering the same features, here’s why Shark NV752 is better.
The features that Shark NV752 promises are not simply marketing promises. The unit delivers incredible results, starting with excellent suction power that is on part with Dyson’s. Next is their versatility in switching between different flooring types with fingertip controls. The canister can also be carried temporarily to allow it to reach the deepest parts that most vacuum cleaners can’t.
Another good thing is how it’s sealing it dust, allergen, and dirt for good with the Complete Seal Technology. It is also much easier to maneuver to the point that we have barely heard anyone complain about it. The vacuum cleaner is a bit heavier, but it’s worth the high-quality result.
If you have any question in your mind about this comparison, then feel free to ask your lovely comments below or contact me.