The Shark IZ163H Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum is an easy to operate, lightweight machine. It offers reasonable run times and can pick up debris on tile or low pile carpeting. In this review, we will delve into this appliance in more detail to help you determine if it could be a good choice for your home.
In Depth Information About The Shark IZ163H Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum with MultiFlex
The Shark Rocket Pro is a deep cleaning solution for homes with carpeting or hard floors. The self-cleaning brush roll makes it easier to tackle pet hair and other debris that may be lingering on your flooring with no hair wrap.
The model also features an anti-allergen HEPA seal. This ensures that dust, allergens, and dander remain trapped inside the vacuum.
The Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick vacuum also provides floor to ceiling cleaning versatility. Not only can you use the vacuum on your floors, but also to clean upholstery and car detailing.
The vacuum is lightweight and offers up to 40 minutes of run time.
Shark Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum Pros and Cons:
As with all consumer items, the Shark Rocket Pro is not perfect and does have both positives and negatives. It is important to be aware of the benefits and potential drawbacks before you make your final purchase decision.
- Versatile: You can operate this model as both a stick vac and a handheld vacuum
- Compact: The Shark Rocket Pet Pro IZ163H has a low profile, slim design that is good for quick pick-ups or smaller homes.
- Easy to Use: This model is both easy to use and maintain with a brushroll that limits hair tangle.
- Great Performance: It moves and maneuvers well, offering great pickup on carpet or hard floors.
- Uneven Weight Distribution: The unit feels a little top heavy. Additionally, there is no wall mount and it cannot stand on its own.
- Tricky to Empty: You need to remove the wand to access and empty the dust canister.
- No Onboard Tool Storage: While the kit includes tools that attach securely, there is no onboard tool storage. So, you don’t have all the tools you need on hand as you’re cleaning.
- Noise: The Shark Rocket Pro also sounds a little loud, considering it is a cordless stick vacuum.
Specific Features of the Shark Rocket Pet Pro
The Shark Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum is packed with features, offering great functionality. The features of note include:
Two In One Vacuum Cleaner:
Like many similar models, the Shark Rocket is a two in one vacuum cleaner. This means that you can use it as a handheld or stick vacuum. By detaching the wand, you can use the machine as a handheld vacuum and you can use the tools on the handheld unit or at the end of the wand.
Shark has a reputation for innovation and this extends to the brushroll. The brushroll on this model has a self-cleaning design that helps to remove deeply embedded debris on carpeting, while directly engaging with bare floors.
Low Profile Cleaner Head:
The cleaner head has a low profile that can help to get under low furniture. There is also a light on top of the cleaner head so you can confirm that the brushroll is spinning. Additionally, the clear plastic allows you to see at a glance if there are any obstructions or tangling.
The cleaner head design also makes it easy to access the brushroll. There are three locks on the base of the cleaner head that you can twist with a coin or screwdriver to open the panel and access the brushroll to remove any tangles.
The Shark Rocket is powered by a Li-Ion battery that provides sustained power. When the battery requires charging, the unit simply stops. This means that you won’t find the power waning over time as the battery discharges.
The battery takes approximately 3.5 hours to fully recharge the battery and there are three light bars to illustrate the battery charging status.
The battery also provides sufficient power for two settings; standard and boost. The default setting is standard, but you can engage Boost power by pulling and holding the trigger for those tricky areas.
Easy Empty Dust Canister:
The vacuum is equipped with a clear plastic dust canister, making it easy to see when you need to empty it. You do need to remove the wand to empty the canister, but otherwise, it is simple to empty. There is a slider on the side to open up the canister.
Reasons for Purchasing the Shark Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum
There are some very compelling reasons for purchasing this vacuum. These include:
- Long Run Time: The Shark Rocket Pro can run for up to 40 minutes on the standard power setting. This should be more than necessary for most cleaning jobs around the home. While the suction doesn’t adjust automatically for different floor types or surfaces, it is easy to switch between the standard and boost power settings.
- Great Value: If you’re not in the market for a top of the line vacuum, the Shark Rocket Pro is a solid choice. Considering the features, power performance, and usability, the price tag is very reasonable.
- Minimal Accessories: The Rocket Pro is supplied with minimal accessories and tools, which is an attractive feature for those who don’t like dealing with lots of fiddly accessories. However, one accessory that is missing is a hanging storage tool.
Types of Floors the Shark Rocket Pro is Best For
The Shark Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum has been engineered for use on all floor types. The Dirt Engage brushroll can remove any ground in dirt from your carpet while providing a deep clean for hard floors.
This makes it a great choice for homes with both carpet and hard floors. However, it would be suitable for homes with either.
The Shark Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum is an effective machine for smooth or carpeted floors. It offers great performance and can even handle pet hair. While it isn’t the lightest model on the market, it is easy to handle with tools that securely snap into place.
So, if you’re looking for a budget friendly two in one vacuum, the Shark Rocket Pro is worthy of consideration.