In this Shark WV201 Wandvac handheld vacuum cleaner review, we will delve into the features of this model to help you to make an informed purchase decision.
If you’re looking for a handheld vacuum cleaner, you may already be aware that the marketplace is packed with options. A good handheld vacuum can not only allow you to keep your home neat and tidy, but you can also use it to clean your car, vacuum up any spills and vacuum those hard to reach areas in your upholstery.
Overview of Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum:
The Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum is designed as a handheld model, but it does have a floor head, so it can also be used on hard floors and carpets as a stick vacuum. This is an incredible lightweight, yet powerful model that is supplied with a variety of attachments.
Pros and Cons of the Shark Wandvac Handheld vacuum:
No product is perfect and there are both positives and potential negatives associated with the Shark WV201 Wandvac handheld vacuum. These include:
- Small Footprint: This vac has been designed for quick clean ups and then it can be easily put away due to its small footprint. This makes it ideal for smaller homes.
- Powerful: Despite its modest size, the Wandvac has the power to handle a variety of messes around the home. Whether you need to vacuum up some spilled flour on the kitchen floor or suck up crumbs from your couch, this vac can handle it.
- Easy to Empty: The Shark Wandvac handheld vacuum has a one touch emptying function. You just need to slide the button forward and the dust receptacle pops open.
- Short Run Time: Although Shark claims a run time of 16 minutes, in fact the Wandvac runs for approximately 10 to 12 minutes on a full charge. This may mean that you have to pause cleaning to recharge.
- Long Charge Time: Another potential drawback is that once discharged, it takes 2.5 to 3.5 hours to fully recharge. This seems like quite a long charge time for such a short run time.
- Small Capacity: As you would expect with such a small model, the Wandvac only has a 0.25 quart capacity. So, if you don’t need to stop due to a run down battery, you’re likely to have to stop to empty the vac.
Shark Wandvac Features:
The Shark Wandvac has a number of key features including:
- Lightweight: The vacuum weighs only 5.8 pounds, with the handle portion weighing in at just over 2 pounds. This makes it easy for overhead work or for tricky cleaning tasks where a standard vacuum would be too bulky.
- Flexible Design: The Wandvac has flexible design where you can use it as a handheld vacuum for quick clean ups. Also, you can use the wand for cleaning hard to reach areas.
- Easy to Use: The vac is remarkably easy to use. To convert it from a wand vacuum to a handheld unit, you simply remove the floor head and wand. There is also a crevice tool, fluffy brush head for delicate surfaces and other accessories included.
- Self Clean Brushroll: Shark is an industry leader for anti hair wrap vacuum brushrolls. This model features a self clean brush roll that doesn’t allow human hair or pet dander to get wrapped on the roller or caught up to reduce suction. The flexible silicone fins ensure continuous cleaning on any surface.
- Accelerated Suction: The Wandvac features Hyper velocity Accelerated Suction to deliver direct airflow and offer superb deep cleaning.
- Washable Filter: There is no need to buy replacement filters as this vacuum has a washable filter. Shark recommends rinsing the filter in cold water approximately once a month. Importantly allow it to fully dry before you return it to the unit.
Reasons to Purchase Shark Wandvac:
The Shark Wandvac is a great choice if you’re looking for a model to quickly clean up any spills. It’s a great choice for clearing up spilled cereal or high chair messes.
Another reason to consider this model is that it is easy to use and lightweight. This makes it handy for high up or awkward cleaning such as stairs, blinds or drapes. It is also easy to use on vehicle upholstery.
However, if you’re looking for a vacuum to clean your whole house, you’re likely to find this model frustrating with its small capacity and short battery life.
Another consideration is that it is quite noisy, considering its size. It can reach 82 decibels, which is more than the average vacuum cleaner. So, if you need to clean without disturbing other members of your household too much, this is not the right choice for you.
Types of Floors the Shark Wandvac handheld vacuum is Best For:
However, when it comes to floors, there is just one setting for both hard floors and carpet. If you’re using boost mode, it can handle low pile carpets, but it does perform best on hard floors.
The Shark Wandvac is a great option if you’re looking for a small, powerful vacuum for quick cleaning tasks or awkward jobs. Its small form factor makes it excellent for cleaning upholstery, vacuuming your car seats and car mats or simply cleaning up crumbs from breakfast. Although it has a short run time, it is designed for quick tasks rather than a full home clean.
You will need to think ahead, as it takes up to 3.5 hours to fully recharge the battery. So, if you do run out of charge part way through cleaning, you’ll have a bit of a wait before you can restart.
However, the lightweight design ensures that the Shark Wandvac handheld vacuum can be a good go to for tricky cleaning tasks when a standard vacuum would be too bulky.