There’s no doubt that keeping a clean home is ideal and important for your utmost comfort. But did you know that it’s also imperative for your mental and physical health. Not to mention your emotional well being.
While cleaning is hardly a favorite pastime for most of us, it is an absolute must. Vacuuming, in particular, is crucial for a healthy, clean home – and even if you don’t have carpeted floors, Vacuum Cleaning Health Benefits for Your Family can’t be denied.
Why is it so important to Keep Floors Clean?
Did you know?
- Every human sheds more than one million skin cells every hour.
- The average human drops 50-100 strands of hair from their head daily. Add body hairs and fur from pets – that’s a lot of hair.
- Human skin cells mingle with airborne dust particles and these settle in huge volumes into carpets, rugs, soft furnishings, beds, and onto hard flooring surfaces. This becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, viruses, and other nasty little germs.
- Pet fur/hair carries dander, and this allergen can remain active and strong on the fibers for many months.
- Bed bugs, if they are introduced to your home in any way, can infest quickly and live for a very long time in your bed, pillows, carpets, rugs, and sofas. Most humans who are bitten by bed bugs remain blissfully unaware.
- Carpets and rugs can provide a lovely hiding place for other harmful insects, including fleas and moths.
- If you drop food onto the floor, it is instantly exposed to and infected by bacteria and viruses which can cause disease.
- If you or someone in your household is a smoker, carcinogens from cigarettes settle in and impregnate your carpet, rugs, and upholstery. Creating a health risk for other family members, pets, and visitors.
- Allergens in flooring, including dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, and latex particles, can trigger severe symptoms. These also circulate in the air and are extremely harmful to people who have asthma, bronchitis, seasonal allergies, or another respiratory condition or who are immunocompromised.
- Even brand new carpet can release chemicals into the air – vacuuming helps eliminate these.
These facts are all enough to make anyone run to grab the vacuum cleaner immediately!
6 Reasons for Vacuuming your Home Regularly
Carpets and rugs trap much of the dust, pollen, allergens, and other contaminants that fall to the floor. Helping keep them out of the air and mitigating the risk they will be inhaled. They must be physically removed from the carpet.
You should vacuum your home at least once per week – and there are benefits for vacuuming hard floors as well as carpeted ones. Vacuuming hardwood, engineered wood, tile, vinyl, laminate, bamboo, or other flooring types lifts dirt, grit, dust, pollen, and microbes more effectively than sweeping does. Providing a clearer foundation for when you mop.
Vacuum Cleaning Regularly Provides Health Benefits for Your Family
- Minimizes Allergens – vacuuming effectively removes harmful allergens, including dust, pet dander, pollen, dust mites, and grit that has been brought in from outside. It’s recommended to vacuum carpets, rugs, sofas, hard floor surfaces, and even beds.
- Improves Sleep – a cleaner, fresher home promotes relaxation and when you remove dust mites from your bedding, you naturally sleep better.
- Enhances Hygiene at Home – a clean home is less likely to harbor disease-causing bacteria and viruses, including mildew and mold spores. When your floors are clean, you’d be surprised how much easier it is to become motivated to continue cleaning and extend your efforts to other areas. Such as keeping the bathroom sparkling and your kitchen spotless to decluttering.
- Alleviates Stress and Anxiety – to vacuum your home requires general tidying beforehand. This basic decluttering activity has powerful effects in terms of your mind. The cleaner and more organized your home is, the better you will feel.
- Helps with Weight Loss! – not only is vacuuming itself a workout (if you do it properly) but a clean and organized home makes you feel more productive and promotes healthier lifestyle choices as a flow-on effect, from eating more mindfully to better psychological well being.
- Maintain the Life of Your Floors – a good vacuum cleaner is an investment. Yes, it may cost a bit to buy, but it will save you money. Your carpets and rugs will last longer, look better, smell better, and you and your family will feel healthier.
Vacuum Cleaning Health Benefits for Your Family-In Conclusion
Researchers have found that people with clean homes are happier, healthier, and more active. Moreover, cleaning and vacuuming give a sense of accomplishment, boosting your mood and even reducing depression.
Finally, when you have a clean home and freshly vacuumed floors, you need not fear the spontaneous visitor!
Vacuum regularly, thoroughly, and in multiple directions to ensure you loosen the contaminants for maximum effectiveness. Empty your vacuum cleaner into an outside bin every time you vacuum and have it serviced once per year. The quality of your floor coverings and the overall environment in your home will improve!