The Dirt Devil Scorpion Handheld Vacuum is a corded cleaner that’s been designed to deal with localized messes quickly. There are times when a larger cleaner is overkill for a cleanup job. Yet a lightweight battery powered model is not powerful enough. This handheld vacuum cleaner is a great option for people that don’t have a large budget and yet it delivers a lot for the money.
Dirt Devil has included: a dusting brush, a built-in quick flip crevice tool and a 2.5 foot hose.
The Dirt Devil Scorpion Handheld Vacuum Basics
This Dirt Devil Scorpion quick flip SD20005 red handheld vacuum cleaner has an ergonomic and simple design. The large rear handle is the source of the Scorpion name. It’s easy to grip and it has a gray On/Off switch near the top. The power supply is a 7 amp motor and this vacuum cleaner only uses suction to clean. The dirt and debris is collected in the removable dust bin. A 16 foot power cord means you can reach most locations easily.
There are two main modes to deliver the cleaning suction power that you need, they are: Basic and “Quick Flip”.
Let’s take a closer look at these two cleaning modes.
- Basic: As the name implies, this is the standard cleaning mode when the vacuum is used as a regular handheld cleaner. In this mode, turn on the vacuum and the front opening will suck up dirt and debris that it comes into contact with.
- Quick Flip: This is an extendable wand that flips down from the front of the Scorpion when you need to clean crevices and tight corners. This is the perfect option when you need to clean the car, workshop and other hard to access areas.
Dirt Devil has included a 2.5 foot flexible hose that can be used with either cleaning mode as needed. This turns the vacuum cleaner into a mini shop vac that can be used to remove sand or even pebbles!
The Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip corded hand vacuum cleaner only weighs 3.75 pounds. This is pretty light when compared to many battery powered units and yet it’s far more flexible.
Pros and Cons of the Dirt Devil Handheld Vacuum
- Power to Size Ratio: The Dirt Devil Scorpion is surprisingly powerful as a handheld vacuum cleaner. Many rivals use battery power which can be lacking in certain cleaning situations.
- The Included Tools: There are three main tools, the Quick Flip nose, the dusting brush and the extension hose. Unlike many handheld cleaners these all work well, they add a lot of flexibility and value to this vacuum cleaner.
- The Price: This handheld vacuum offers a lot of bang for your buck.
- The Noise Levels: The Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip SD20005RED operates at a noisy 84 dB. This is pretty loud for a handheld vacuum cleaner which is the tradeoff for the extra power.
- The Power Cord: The power cord is 16 feet long, but it’s still a cord and it will be connected to a power outlet. This will make the cleaner less maneuverable for some people that prefer a lighter handheld vacuum cleaner.
10 Stand Out Features of the Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Hand Vacuum
1/ Continuous Power:
Because this is a corded vacuum cleaner it won’t run out of juice when you’re part way through the cleaning task.
2/ Grab and Go:
This is a portable and lightweight handheld vacuum with all the cleaning power you need as long as you have a power outlet less than 16 feet away.
3/ Efficient Car Cleaning:
The Quick Flip nose is the ideal crevice tool for those hard to reach areas in your car. One or two passes will remove most of the debris making the cleaning process faster and more efficient.
4/ Unexpected Messes:
The Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip corded hand vacuum is a great option when you need to clean up after kids, pets and visitors.
5/The Dirt Cup:
The dirt cup is .45L which means you won’t have to take frequent trips to the trash can. It’s also easy to clean and empty.
6/ The Filter:
The filter is easy to remove and rinse clean to keep your handheld vacuum cleaner in great shape for a longer lifespan.
7/ The Suction Power:
This Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner offers continuous suction power for superior cleaning.
8/ The Quick Flip Tool:
Many handheld vacuum cleaners have a separate crevice tool that can be misplaced, or you have to find it when you need it. This is inefficient, Dirt Devil has solved this problem by building their crevice tool into the cleaner frame. Simply flip the tool into place when you need to clean hard to reach areas in the car, home, and workshop.
Many people like the convenience of a handheld vacuum cleaner, but they are disappointed by the lack of cleaning power. The Scorpion is designed to clean corners, curtains, and couches with accuracy. This is a portable cleaning solution that’s light, powerful and very easy to use.
10/ The Included Tools:
The Quick Flip crevice tool, dusting brush, and 2.5 foot hose are all incredibly useful and you will wonder how you cleaned without them.
The Dirt Devil Scorpion handheld vacuum is a compact and powerful cleaner that offers a lot of functionality for a modest investment. The flexibility of this handheld vacuum is impressive and if you can live with the power cord it’s a very good value. The dimensions of this portable vacuum are 13.7” L x 6.4” W x 8.5” H and it weighs less than 4 lbs. Most people will be able to carry the Scorpion for extended periods of cleaning easily. If you do need more support Dirt Devil has even included a clip-on shoulder strap!
This is a small, light, and powerful handheld vacuum cleaner with a long power cord. The bright red color makes it easy to find in a cluttered workshop and the Quick Flip crevice tool is built into the handle for convenience. The Dirt Devil Scorpion handheld vacuum is affordable, the included tools are useful and they add a lot of value to the package.