Every home needs a vacuum cleaner to keep everything clean and tidy. In fact, the vacuum cleaner industry surpassed $570 million and is projected to become a $1 billion dollar industry by 2025. With so many models on the market, it is important that you choose the right vacuum for your home. So, here we’ll explore the Miele Complete C3 Calima in more detail to help you make an informed purchase decision.
The Miele Complete C3 Calima Basics
The Miele Complete C3 Calima is the full-size canister vacuum in the Miele product line. This vacuum is German engineered to not only last, but offer quiet performance. It features a HEPA filter to filter out 99.9% of particles, so dust, dirt and other allergens inside the bag.
The Miele Calima features a six-setting rotary dial, so you can adjust the suction power according to your needs. There is even a quiet setting. The cord is retractable and can be rewound by tapping the switch on the back of the machine with your foot, while the carry handle makes it easy to move the vacuum around, particularly when cleaning tricky spots like the stairs.
The C3 Calima also has onboard tool storage, including dusting brush, crevice nozzle and upholstery tool. There is also a crush proof hose to ensure durability.
The Miele Calima Pros and Cons
As with any home appliance, the Miele Complete C3 Calima is not perfect, so it is important to be aware of both the pros and cons before you make your final purchase decision.
- Retractable power cord: One of the most annoying things about a corded vacuum is dealing with the cord. While corded models tend to have more power and you don’t need to worry about battery life, it can be a pain to try to properly coil the cord and store it properly when you finish. However, the Miele Calima has a button on the canister that you can tap with your foot and it will automatically retract the cord.
- Solid construction: Miele units are engineered and made in Germany and this is reflected in the build quality. The C3 Calima feels well-built and rugged enough to last.
- Quiet: The Miele Complete C3 Calima is quite a quiet vacuum and there is even a quiet setting.
- Shorter hose: The hose feels a little short, particularly if you need to use the vacuum for overhead cleaning.
- Lack of handle power controls: While there are six settings for this vacuum, there are no controls or even a power button on the handle. So, you need to return to the canister to make adjustments or turn off the vacuum cleaner.
- Not well suited to deep pile carpeting: While this vacuum does very well on hardwood flooring and some carpets, it is not particularly well suited to deep pile carpeting.
Stand Out Features of the Miele Calima
The Miele Complete C3 Calima has a number of innovative and interesting features. These include:
Air Cleaning System:
This vacuum benefits from the Miele Air Clean System. This consists of a HEPA filter and Air Clean filter bag, which helps to keep the air clean as you are vacuuming. As part of the C3 series, this vacuum has a sealed system that is designed to keep dust and dirt inside the vacuum thanks to a series of gaskets. The vacuum also has self-sealing dust bags with an auto seal collar.
This means that any dust, dirt or other allergens will remain in the bag when you need to change it, so you can enjoy a clean home without compromising your indoor air quality.
While it may not have the longest hose on the market, the Miele Calima has a 23-foot-long cord. This allows you to reach a total of 36 feet without needing to switch to another outlet. This can be one of the most frustrating aspects of using a corded vacuum cleaner. As some models require that you switch outlets to finish one room. But with this impressive reach, you should find the Miele easy and simple to use.
Built to Last:
Miele tests its vacuums rigorously and this model has been tested to last 20 years. The motor is also covered by a seven-year warranty. So, while the C3 Calima may cost a little more initially. You should feel confident that you can enjoy years of trouble-free use.
The Miele Complete C3 Calima is supplied with an impressive toolkit that includes a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle. There are also two floor tools including a Turbobrush that is ideal for hardwood floors and low to medium pile carpeting. There is also a Parquet Twister which has soft bristles, making it a great option for hardwood floors that you may worry about scratching.
Who is the Miele Complete C3 Calima Best Suited For?
The Miele Calima is a fairly lightweight canister vacuum. It weighs approximately 12 pounds, so it is quite easy to lift and carry to different areas of your home. Additionally, the long reach makes it easy to avoid needing to switch to another outlet. This makes it a great option for those with limited mobility, who want more power than they would get with a stick vacuum.
With the Clean Air system, this vacuum is also a good choice for allergy sufferers. The auto sealing bags and HEPA filter ensure that allergens remain trapped in the vacuum rather than blowing out into the air.
However, if your home has a lot of deep pile carpets, this may not be the right option for you. While the Calima excels with low to medium pile carpeting and hardwood floors. You may not get the desired cleaning results if you have deep pile carpets.
As we’ve demonstrated, the Miele Complete C3 Calima is a reliable canister cleaner. While it is not as handy to move around as a cordless stick vacuum, the long reach and modest weight makes it easy to use.